Wireless charging has existed well over a decade. But it wasn’t until 2017, when Apple released the iPhone X, that this cord-free capability hit mainstream. Now, nearly every major smartphone on the market supports wireless charging in some capacity.
The concept itself dates back to the mid-1800s, when inventor Nikola Tesla and physicist Michael Faraday proved energy could be transferred through electromagnetic induction – without the need for wires. Today, this technology is accessible to almost everyone, at home, in the office, and on the go, in everyday applications, from smartphones and laptops to kitchen appliances and beyond; but what’s next?
As the world continues to go wireless, this technology is expected to evolve drastically in the coming years. Read on as we unpack the myths and misconceptions behind wireless chargers, share a few tips and benefits, and look forward to the future of a world with no strings attached.
Aside from the obvious benefit that it is much more convenient to simply place your phone on a charging pad than to actually plug it in, users of Qi wireless charging will find that the technology’s advantages easily outweigh the drawbacks. Below, we’ve listed a few benefits that might inspire you to switch to wireless charging.
These days, there’s a cord for everything, from phone and laptop to smartwatch and earphones. The switch to wireless allows you to liberate any space from the tangle of excess cords and cables.
No More Wire Damage
After months of use, wired chargers can stop working, bend and break, or fray at the ends, risking you an unexpected shock. If placed correctly, wireless charging reduces the risk of wire damage and protects the connectors and sockets on the phone.
Convenience & Compatibility
Put the struggle of finding compatible wire chargers, at home or on-the-go, at ease. With Qi wireless technology, you can conveniently charge an array of compatible devices on a single pad.
If you’re considering making the move to wireless charging in your home, or place of work, you’ve probably already heard the myths and misconceptions of this technology that litter the internet. But which are true or false? Below, we debunk the most common myths, so you can let the facts be your guide.
Myth #1: Wireless charging pads can damage the phone or its battery.
Fact: While not entirely true, the chances of phone damage are higher with a low-quality wireless charger.
Tip: Invest in high-quality, Qi-certified charging pads like GP Q-Series wireless charging pad, which help protect against overloading phones, overheating and transferring heat to nearby objects.
Myth #2: Wireless charging won’t work with cases.
Fact: False. Even common Qi chargers are now powerful enough to power up devices through most cases currently available in the market.
Tip: Keep an eye on the types of cases you are using. You may run into issues with those that feature magnets or popsockets.
Myth #3: Charging overnight will damage your device.
Fact: Somewhat false. Most smartphones and wireless devices will stop transmitting power when they are fully charged.
Tip: As a general tip for wired and wireless charging, you can prolong your phone’s battery life by not keeping your phone fully charged for an extended period of time, and also by not letting it run completely dry.
Myth #4: Wireless charging is slow.
Fact: It’s not entirely true that wireless charging is slow. While that might’ve been the case during the 5-watt “era”, today, there are fast wireless charging pads that can provide 10 or even 15 watts of power.
Tip: If you’re looking for faster charging speeds, consider wired charging your devices using a USB charger and cable that support USB-C Power Delivery.
Be innovative and win GP Wireless Charger
Wireless is future! What additional function would you want to add to the wireless charger to make our lives easier? Tell us your most innovative idea and enter to win a GP Wireless Charging Pad.
The contest has ended. Thank you for your participation
Please stay tuned and visit our Latest Offers for more promotion details.
*Terms & conditions
- Each participant must like "GP Batteries Hong Kong" Facebook fan page and tag 2 friends on the game post.
- Participants must follow all instructions to take part in the game, or else they will be disqualified. GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited will shortlist the winners based on the selection criteria stated.
- Delivery by SF Express. Free shipping within Hong Kong SAR, while additional fee may apply for remote areas and outlaying islands. For more information, please visit: https://www.sf-express.com/hk
- Each participant shall only submit one answer in each phase. Any participant who summits more than one answer, only the first submission record will be regarded as qualified.
- Each participant can only be granted for one prize in each phase. Any participant who wins more than once, GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited reserves the right to cancel his/her eligibility and select other candidates to make up for the prize.
- If no participant can complete all specified steps, GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited reserves the right to make the final decision.
- The result will be released on "GP Batteries Hong Kong" Facebook fan page within 5 working days after the event ends. Prize redemption details will be shared afterward. If GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited is unable to contact the winner within 7 days, eligibility of the winner will be disqualified.
- All prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole. If for any reason the described gifts cannot be provided, GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited reserves the right to replace all or part of the prizes with other gifts of equal or higher value.
- GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited takes no responsibility for any prizes that are damaged, lost or stolen once they have been collected.
- Information collected, including your name, phone number and email address, will be used for the purpose of notifying you if you win the game, and sending promotional materials about GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited.
- GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited employees, their families and partners will not be eligible to participate in the event.
- If there is any dispute, GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited reserves the right to make the final decision.
- GP Battery Marketing (HK) Limited reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the event, and amend the terms and conditions of the event without prior notice. Participants must fully agree to comply. For any enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org